Below are some forms that individuals may find useful when making requests from the police department.  (Please click to download)

House Watch Request   

If you are going to be out of town for vacation or travel south during the winter month, you can fill out the following form to request the department to check your house during the day. We will make sure your doors are secure and contact the person of your choice if any issues are discovered. Click on the link above to fill out the form.

Bad Check Process and Form

Business owners or private citizens who receive a check that is returned for non-sufficient funds need to follow a procedure to recoup their losses through court. You can download the NSF Check Form that is required to be filled out and served on the check issuer here.

Bad Check Process Instruction

Bad Check Form

Ride Along 

Interested in doing a ride-a-long with the police department? Click on the link above to request permission to ride during a shift with an officer. You must be at least 18 years of age in order to participate in this activity and it is limited to a maximum of three times per year. Approval is at the discretion of the Chief of Police.

Police Officer Application

Applications for Employment with the police department can be obtained from the police department or by clicking on the link above.  Applicants MUST be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a police officer in the State of Minnesota.


 Sherburn/Welcome  Police  Department